Who we are
We ensure that our roads and services meet the needs of our community, industry, and businesses as part of an integrated transport system. We deliver a range of services, projects, and network improvements to connect people, communities, and businesses - getting people and goods to where they need to be.
We are a statutory authority responsible for Western Australia's state road network, providing safe and reliable travel on our roads, bridges, and cycle paths. We are responsible for planning, construction, maintenance, and operation of the road network. We work closely with our Portfolio partners, local government, businesses, and the community to provide a well-connected, safe and sustainable integrated transport network.
We manage and maintain:
- 18,985 km of roads across 2.5 million km2
- Including 5,539 km of National Land Transport Routes
We regulate and provide services:
- 37,480 heavy vehicle permits
- 4,995 WA Heavy Vehicle Accredited Operators
We engage with our customers:
- 46,336 calls and 60,565 email enquiries received
- 375,850 project-related email updates sent to our project subscribers
We build a diverse and inclusive agency:
- 127 cadets, trainees and graduates undertaking our Development Employee Program
- $132m total spend through Aboriginal businesses
- 17% of our workforce self-identify as being from a culturally diverse background